TELOS (Greek): "to achieve one's ultimate aim, purpose, or goal in life...to be complete, mature, and whole."
The name TELOS comes from the Greek New Testament. It is a simple, yet powerful word, rich in nuance. Depending upon context, it an be translated:
Paul uses a form of the word telos when he declares it is his aim to present every person mature, complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28).
Grounded in the Christian faith and its Scriptures along with being informed by the study of persons and relationships, it is the philosophy of TELOS:
- To value persons served as equals and partners
- To be open, teachable service providers
- To partner with people over time
- To equip others and to train trainers so that ministry multiplies and is not dependent on TELOS
- To trust God to supply, lead, guide, and provide